Citrix NetScaler Editions Comparison (Standard, Enterprise, Platinum)
Citrix has 3 baseline platform license editions available for purchase. These consist of Standard, Enterprise, and Platinum (with Standard being the most basic, and Platinum having to largest number of available features for use). The license file and edition that is purchased, downloaded, and applied to your NetScaler appliance will unlock the features/services that are available for use under the specific edition. Please read below to see the full analysis of Citrix NetScaler editions comparison.
The same three licensing editions are available and the same across the board no matter if the VPX, MPX, or SDX platform was purchased.
Listing of Similar Articles to Check Out:
- Citrix NetScaler Licensing Options (License Files and Editions)
- Citrix NetScaler Editions Comparison (Article Currently Being Viewed)
- Citrix NetScaler Platform Comparison (VPX, MPX, SDX)
- New Features Available under Citrix NetScaler Version 11
Citrix NetScaler Product Editions Compared:
- The most basic edition available for purchase.
- Comes with a standard baseline set of available features that are available at a minimum not matter which edition is purchased (Standard, Enterprise, Platinum).
- Standard Features Included:
- Load Balancing
- Content Switching
- High Availability
- Database Load Balancing (MS SQL)
- NetScaler Gateway
- Citrix ICA Proxy, SSL VPN (only comes with 5 concurrent session licenses, additional license packs can be purchased and added on)
- Citrix XenMobile NetScaler Connector
- Network Optimization
- HTTP/URL Rewrite (Content Rewrite)
- Traffic Domains
- Comes with all of the baseline features that come with the Standard Edition (shown above). Also comes with the additional following features that set it apart from the Standard Edition.
- Mid level NetScaler licensing and edition option for purchase.
- Enterprise Edition Features Included
- All of those included with Standard Edition (shown above)
- Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB)
- HTTP Compression
- AAA Management
- Front-end Optimization and Surge Protection
- Most expensive and feature rich edition available for purchase.
- Platinum Edition Features Included:
- All features included with Standard and Enterprise licensed editions (details shown above)
- NetScaler Insight Center (full featured set of available functionality)
- (also called "HDX Insight" by some individuals)
- Application Firewall
- Advanced Security Features (DoS Shield, Integrated XML Security, Day Zero attack prevention, and Application Firewall already mentioned directly above).
- If you have purchased the NetScaler SDX platform hardware, each virtual instances comes with Platinum edition by default.
NetScaler Editions and Cost Comparison (Overview):
Citrix NetScaler License Edition Features Compared
|User Experience Monitoring||Included||X||X|
|(Other - Associated Cost Comparison)||$$$$ (x4 Cost of Standard)||$$||$|